We want to make sure that we are providing your child with the best education and support we can, so we want to encourage you to apply for free school meals for your child if you are eligible for this scheme.
Registering for free school meals will also raise extra money for the school to spend on providing a great education for pupils. The school will receive an additional £1,345 per year if your child is in year 6 or younger.
Although all children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 qualify to receive a free school meal, it is still important that you apply for Pupil Premium if you think you may be eligible.
Your child is eligible for free school meals if you are in receipt of one of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit with an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400.
• Income Support • Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Working Tax Credit run-on (paid for the four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
• Child Tax Credit (with no Working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
Apply for Pupil Premium
To apply for pupil premium for your child, please contact the school office for further information.
You will need your National Insurance number or Asylum Seekers Service number so we can make automated checks to confirm your entitlement.
In most instances we can let you know straight away if you qualify for pupil premium and send you a confirmation email.
At Milldown, your child could be entitled to the following:
Subsidised school uniform worth £30 per year
Free milk Support with school trips
Additional small group learning support
Support with extra-curricular, before and after-school clubs